A Note About Coronavirus (COVID-19)…
As we continue to learn more about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) the City of Brooklyn Center is taking precautions by continuing to monitor this situation daily. We are following the guidance of the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) who is providing regular updates along with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Hennepin County. Brooklyn Center has a Pandemic Plan in place and our emergency preparedness staff are in close consultation with public health officials.
To help ensure a safe and healthy space for all, please remember the following tips provided by the CDC for prevention:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Get enough sleep to help stay healthy
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects, and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water is unavailable, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
For more updates on (COVID-19), please use the following resources:
- Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) – https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/index.html
- Hennepin County - https://www.hennepin.us/residents/emergencies/covid-19
- Brooklyn Center NotifyMe Alerts -https://www.cityofbrooklyncenter.org/notifyme
The state of Minnesota has set up a hotline for general questions about coronavirus at 651-201-3920.